Tuesday 5 August 2008

Design;Apple i phone

Using a laptop to work on the move is becoming almost as common as reading the paper on your daily commute. More than a quarter of us read email and get a head start on the working day, according to the future foundation. One in 10 commuters works on a laptop on the train and just as many email on their smartphone. Although they're first and foremost mobile phones and we'll always use them to make calls, the new breed of phones do much more. Once restricted to executives with a blackberry and an IT department, mobile email is easy to use on a wide range of phones. Mobile web browsers have been primative, but the iphone has improved the experience dramatically and other smart phone browsers are set to catch up quickly. Iphone users search with google 50 times more than other phone users but mobile browsing generally has increased 89 percent in the last year according to measurement service M:Metrics.
The Iphone has lead the way in innnovation it is changing the face of mobiles and putting pressure on its competitors, it looks good, is simple to use and aas i forementioned allows you to work and email any where. I think within the next few years all or most of all mobiles will follow down this path almost cancelling out the need for laptops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would agree that the iphone has improved the experience of mobile web browsing dramatically, the simplicity of the functions, the slick appearance, the fast and accessible way of actually using the internet, makes the product brilliant.
I have my reservations as to whether laptops will completely die out due to the ever developing technology thats going into mobile phones, and into making every technological apparatus as miniature as humanly possible. For my personal taste, I love the iphone, but its much more of a quirky new toy to play with. My friend bought one recently and for the first half hour of seeing him I was playing with this iphone, but I quickly got bored, they are great little phones but I don't see my self handing over my laptop in exchange for one just yet.