Tuesday 9 September 2008

Film; Sleepers


The Book is fantastic and I think the film lived up to it. The reason I love the film is simply because its about revenge and no matter how hard we try, we all feel it and want it over someone. The acting is awsome by the whole cast with Robert De Niro playing his usual brilliance. I've always believed that what comes around goes around and your past will always catch up with you and thats exactly what this film portrays. I also felt a slight sense of how I felt after reading of mice and men, because the boys plans were only to have fun and a little joke but they end up killing someone thus 'the best laid plans of mice and men often go wrong'. Although the film and book is supposed to be based on truth there has still not been any underlying evidence to prove it is correct.

1 comment:

dannyboy said...

I aggree with compleatly with Adam here, this is fantastic film: the story line twists and turns and you feel genuanly for the characters. The first time I watched it was when it came out and I can now see that I was just too young to really appriciate it having watched it again a couple of months ago when picked it up at a chartiy shop for about a pound.

I found the ending partiqualy interesting, it wasn't the usual Hollywood 'and they lived happly ever after' - it was much more as I imagine it would be in real life.